Monday, August 9, 2004

2004 Nissan Murano SL

Pros:
Good Power
Firm Suspension
Good Radio
Good Interior
Great HVAC controls
CVT Tranny
Huge gas tank

Cons:
Horrible Torque Steer
Plasticy Interior
Huge blind spots

Summary

I got to drive a new Murano SL the other day. There were probably about 1200 miles on the clock. The car/SUV thing drove rather well. The CVT tranny made for an interesting drive as it mostly held it's RPM as long as I didn't do anything abrupt with the throttle. The highway drive felt good and the HVAC controls worked excellent. The controls on the steering wheel felt slightly awkward to me, but that's just personal preference. The screen in the dash could have been done better, but it served it's purpose.

The power was good, but with horrible torque steer, you constantly had to fight the steering wheel during corners. I think I'd opt to go with the AWD version to help eliminate that. The sound it made from the exhaust was good.

That's it...

No comments: